Used as a web development tool, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007 allows an organisation to simplify compliance efforts and keep business information more secure through a comprehensive set of features to manage and control electronic content. These powerful features allow an organisation to streamline the everyday business processes that are a drain on productivity by using electronic forms and best-of-breed workflow processes that users can initiate, track, and participate in through familiar Microsoft Office applications, e-mail, or Web browsers.
Microsoft SharePoint brings together the capabilities of various applications into one neat package. Improved organisational efficiency and shared content management is just the beginning of the features you will have at your fingertips when ARES develops your SharePoint solution.
With the ability to support intranets, extranets and web applications, SharePoint is an integrated enterprise platform that can be administered, adapted and developed to meet the needs of any organisation by:
- Controling document access through extensive policy management and workflow;
- Centrally store, manage and deploy documents;
- Simplify web content management, allowing any eligible user to control the publishing of documents and organisational sensitive material such as Intellectual Property;
- Integrate business systems and processes into a centralised system; and
- Streamline day to day business activities with workflows and online policy and procedures